Firmware update for Contax N-E Smart Adapter and Contax N-E Speed Booster ULTRA (Win)
Firmware upgrade for Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
This information is for the following models:
- Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM (model number MB_CN-E-BT1)
- Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA (model number MB_SPCN-E-BT1)
Disclaimer: these release notes only highlights significant changes to the firmware. There may have been other changes that are not documented.
ABOUT THIS DOWNLOAD
- Name: Firmware update V3.00 (#853) for Contax N-E Smart Adapter® and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Release date: 11 Nov 2022
- Benefits and improvements:
- PDAF performance improvement for A7 Mark III.
- Fixed incessant hunting with Planar 1,4/50 on Speed Booster. Camera is unable to autofocus at f/1.0 and the remedy is to display the unboosted aperture, f/1.4, instead.
- Name: Firmware update V2.00 for Contax N-E Smart Adapter® and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Release date: 10 May 2019
- Benefits and improvements:
- Fixed focus issue when Drive Mode is M (medium) or H (high) and Focus Area is set to Tracking on Sony A9 (ILCE-9) after upgrading camera firmware to 5.0. (NOTE: no autofocus between frames in Advanced Mode. Use Green Mode for AF-C still photography.)
- Name: Firmware update V1.00 for Contax N-E Smart AdapterTM and Contax N-E Speed Booster® ULTRA
- Initial date: 10 Sep 2018
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows® 8.1
- Windows® 10
- Windows® 11
A micro-USB cable is required to connect the Smart AdapterTM or Speed Booster® to the computer.
- When performing the firmware update, please don't disconnect the USB cable, otherwise, the adapter may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown
- Don't connect the adapter to any cameara and lens when performaing the firmware update.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [MetabonesApp.exe] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
RUN THE SOFTWARE
Once the file has downloaded successfully, you're ready to upgrade the Firmware update for the Smart Adapter or Speed Booster.
STEP 1: START UP THE Metabones App
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [MetabonesApp.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Metabones App.
- Connect your the Smart Adapter or Speed Booster to the computer by using the USB-MicroUSB cable.
- Then, follow the instructions in the Metabones App to update the firmware.
I have read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions