Checking and Updating Adapter Firmware
Checking Adapter Firmware
- Insert a memory card into the camera. If the camera has two memory card slots, insert into Slot 1.
- Attach any EF mount lens.
- While holding down the DISP button, turn on the camera.
- Adapter firmware version is show as LENS VERSION
Alternatively, you may check adapter firmware using a computer and Metabones App. See the next section for details.
Updating firmware of Smart Adapter or Speed Booster
You must have a micro USB 2.0 cable.
Use a Mac with OSX 10.9.5 or above, or a Windows PC with Open GL 2.0 (all recent PCs support Open GL 2.0). Note: Metabones App may not run properly on OSX with two or more monitors connected. If you encounter difficulties disconnect one of the monitors.
Download Metabones App from www.metabones.com. It can also be found on any Smart Adapter or Speed Booster product page. The same Metabones App updates all Metabones products.
Run Metabones App.
Attach micro USB 2.0 cable directly to one of the USB ports on your computer. USB ports on an external USB hub may not work, such as USB ports which may be available on your wired keyboard.
- If 'OK' is displayed in Green, the Speed Booster or Smart Adapter is already up-to-date. Though unnecessary, an update can be forced by unplugging USB and reattaching it while pushing the button on the Speed Booster or Smart Adapter.
To upgrade, follow the directions on the screen.