Metabones PL to Sony E-mount T CINE Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
Speed Booster ULTRA for E-Mount and X-mount cameras
Sharper corners, less distortion, reduced vignetting
New optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors and Super35 camcoder, such as Sony E-mount, Fuji X-mount cameras Sony FS7 MARKII, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all fullframe SLR/Prime lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. (More information can be found in the press release here)
|Features and benefits||Limitations|
Metabones PL T CINE Speed Booster TM adapters are designed exclusively for the Zeiss CP.2 and CZ.2 lenses.
Important Notes : Do not attempt to mount the lenses not under the Lens Comparability List to adapter - physical damage may occur.
Lens Compatibility List
ZEISS Compact Prime lenses
- CP.2 15 mm / T2.9
- CP.2 21 mm / T2.9
- CP.2 25 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 28 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 35 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 35 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 50 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 85 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 85 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 100 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 135 mm / T2.1
ZEISS Cinema Zoom lenses
- CZ.2 15 – 30 mm / T2.9
- CZ.2 28 – 80 mm / T2.9
- CZ.2 70 – 200 mm / T2.9
Tested camera/camcorder bodies:
- A7S ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7R ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7 ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- PXW-FS7 MARK II
New professional Mount-Rod Support Kit is also available (not included), which is compatible with all Metabones adapters with tripod foot.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Sony.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.