Canon EF Lens to Fuji X mount T Speed Booster® ULTRA 0.71x
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop. (with a maximum output aperture of f/0.9).
- Increase MTF (details).
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent granted).
- Canon EF mount lens to Fujifilm X-mount camera.
- Autofocus. Phase-detection autofocus (PDAF) is supported no matter which AF lens is used. Adapters support PDAF by translating pertinent metadata about the optics between the lens interfaces. In this way, broad support of the widest range of lenses is made possible.
- Lens iris/aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Optical image stabilization (IS) lens support.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lens models.
- Focal length and aperture are adjusted in EXIF (see note 3).
- Store EXIF data (lens name, focal length and maximum/minimum aperture) for one manual lens in the adapter.
- Parallax correction on the X-Pro series rangefinders is also supported.
- LED indicator shows communication status.
- Powered by camera body. With most lenses, no external power source required.
- Flocking to reduce internal reflection.
- Rubber gasket protects the X-mount connection from dust and moisture.
- Aluminum alloy and brass construction with chromium plating.
- Satin surface finish.
- Detachable tripod foot compatible with Arca Swiss Style ball head, such as Markins and Photo Clam or attach to quick release plate by a 1/4"-20 screw.
Speed Booster® ULTRA for X-mount, E-mount, EF-M mount and RF-mount cameras
Sharper corners, less distortion, reduced vignetting
Optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster® announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors(APS-C), such as Sony E-mount and Fuji X-mount cameras, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all full-frame SLR lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. Thus, the Speed Booster ULTRA performs extremely well with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses such as the 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms by Canon and Nikon to produce 17-50mm f/2.0 and 50-142mm f/2.0 high-speed zooms, respectively. Similarly, high-speed fixed focal length lenses such as a 50mm f/1.2 will be transformed into a 35.5mm f/0.9 lens with excellent contrast and resolution from the center all the way to the edges of the image. (More information can be found in the press release here)
* IBIS is supported only with fixed focal length lenses at or below 100mm (after multiplying by 0.7x in the case of Speed Booster ULTRA). OIS will override IBIS. You cannot combine them.
- 1. EF-S lenses do not fit on Speed Booster®. Some EF-S lenses may be modified to fit, but do so at your own risk.
- 2. Third-party lenses designed for APS-C format do not have enough coverage when used in conjunction with Speed Booster®.
- 3. For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.4), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.9 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster® combined) = f/0.85.
b) Sigma 35/1.4 attached, camera display = f/1.0, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster® combined) = f/1.0.
- 4. Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster® and cause damage to the Speed Booster® and/or camera body.
- 5. Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster®. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed Booster® are not covered by warranty.
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster® They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster® Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster®. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.